Freegan Food Foundation
We act as a foodbank, where supermarkets, manufacturers, wholesalers, people can donate their ‘waste’. We collect and distribute amongst shelters, charitable organizations homes, the needy in general.
Board members for Freegan food foundation
Scan me or visit www.volunteer.sx/o/Freegan-Food-Foundation/opportunities/Board-members-for-Freegan-food-foundation/64540 to join
SummaryWe are looking for new board members, who want to serve on our organization’s governing body.
Freegan Food Foundation works diligently to prevent food waste on the Dutch Caribbean Island of St. Maarten. We work closely with wholesalers and supermarkets to be able to share their surplus with the people in need.
Besides this ‘food waste’-program, we run a client-choice foodbank, to ensure that at least 100 families can shop weekly for fresh produce and staple goods. To (partly) sustain this Food Market we’ve opened a thrift store in 2022.
We started as an after-Irma relief project and have been operational ever since. We are locally rooted and work together with other organizations to create a better world: For the animals, for the planet, for the people.
We are looking for new board members, who want to serve on our organization’s governing body. Specifically searching for members who are skilled in Marketing and PR, Fundraising, Networking and/or Data processing.
· You’re a resident of St. Maarten;
· You have a passion for a sustainable world, the prevention of (food) waste and poverty and want to contribute to a better world;
· You’re motivated to advocate for our mission;
· You’re pro-active, communicative and have great people skills;
· You have connections in the community of St. Maarten and are familiar with our mission, vision and goals for this community;
· Preferred skills: Marketing and PR, Fundraising, Networking, Data processing
· Attend quarterly board meetings, participate actively and conscientiously;
· Take up tasks as come from these meetings;
· Contribute to developing policies and strategic plans for the foundation;
· Contribute to the foundation’s culture and financial sustainability;
· Committing to increase the brand awareness of Freegan Food Foundation;
· Prepared to take up other tasks where needed.
The board meets approximately 4 times a year at Freegan Food Foundation in Philipsburg. Time spend on duties is 1-2 hours per week.